Main Article Content
Backgroud An excisional biopsy is one of the surgical treatments given to cases of
small benign tumors in the soft tissues of the oral cavity. Antibiotics are prescribed
by dentists as a follow-up therapy after excisional biopsy to prevent bacterial
infection. The purpose of this study was to determine the profile of antibiotic drug
prescription after excision biopsy of oral soft tissue disease by dentists in Palembang.
Methods This type of research is descriptive observational with a survey method.
The research was carried out by distributing questionnaires to 40 dentists and
dental specialists in Palembang who had performed excision biopsy treatment for
oral soft tissue disease. Result The results showed that the antibiotic prescription
of amoxicillin was 55%, the combination of amoxicillin and clavulanic acid was
17.5%, and clindamycin was 12.5%. The cases found in this study were epulis
57.5%, mucocele 30%, and traumatic fibroma 10%. Conclusion It can be concluded
that the antibiotic most often prescribed by dentists in Palembang after excision
biopsy treatment was amoxicillin and the most common case was epulis.
As our aim is to disseminate original research article, hence the publishing right is a necessary one. The publishing right is needed in order to reach the agreement between the author and publisher. As the journal is fully open access, the authors will sign an exclusive license agreement.
The authors have the right to:
- Share their article in the same ways permitted to third parties under the relevant user license.
- Retain copyright, patent, trademark and other intellectual property rights including research data.
- Proper attribution and credit for the published work.
For the open access article, the publisher is granted to the following right.
- The non-exclusive right to publish the article and grant right to others.
- For the published article, the publisher applied for the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.