Main Article Content
Background. Phyllanthus niruri (local name : meniran) extract is utilized in treating kidney and uterus disease. Effects of ethanol extract of P. niruri on kidney and uterus of 2% NaCl triggered fibrotic rats had been studied.
Aim of Study. Aim of this study to explore the effect of leafflower (Phyllanthus niruri Linn.) treatment on kidney and uterus in 2% NaCl - induced fibrotic rats.
Methods. Wistar rats were challenged with 2% NaCl in drinking water to induce fibrotic kidney and uterus. Phyllanthus niruri extract (200 mg/kg) was given orally for 4 weeks. Matrix extracellular abundance was determined by HE Staining and measured by METAVIR Fibrosis Score. The results of this study were assayed by SPSS 16.
Results. P. niruri extract was potent to reduce the matrix extracellular in 2% NaCl-induced rats compared to control group (p<0.05).
Conclusion. P. niruri extract was potent to decrease the matrix extracellular in the kidney and uterus of the rats.
As our aim is to disseminate original research article, hence the publishing right is a necessary one. The publishing right is needed in order to reach the agreement between the author and publisher. As the journal is fully open access, the authors will sign an exclusive license agreement.
The authors have the right to:
- Share their article in the same ways permitted to third parties under the relevant user license.
- Retain copyright, patent, trademark and other intellectual property rights including research data.
- Proper attribution and credit for the published work.
For the open access article, the publisher is granted to the following right.
- The non-exclusive right to publish the article and grant right to others.
- For the published article, the publisher applied for the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.