Main Article Content
Phrynium maximum (local name : lerek ) is a plant native to Sumatera, Malaya and Borneo. This plants have a potential as a local wisdom for therapeutics. In Sumatera, Lerek was used as traditional treatment for fever, diarrhea, diabetics and for wound healing.
Aim of Study
Aim of this study to explore the efficacy of lerek fruits extract in body weight, lipid profile and leptin level in Wistar Rats-Induced High Fat Diet
This study was an experimental study , pre-post test with control group design. The sample in this study was 30 male rats, 8 weeks old, weight 150-200 gram. Rats were given high fat diet and lerek fruits extract at dose of 50, 100 and 200 mg/kgBW/day for 2 weeks. Lerek fruits was extracted by infusion methods. The results of this study were assayed by SPSS 18.
Lerek fruit extract 100 mg/kgBW was more potent to reduce body weight gain, triglyseride level and leptin level than lerek fruit extract 50 mg/kgBW, 200 mg.kgBW, negative control and positive control.
Lerek fruit extracts had a potention to reduce body weight, triglyceride and leptin level.
Keywords: Lerek fruit extract â€“ body weight- triglyserida - leptin
As our aim is to disseminate original research article, hence the publishing right is a necessary one. The publishing right is needed in order to reach the agreement between the author and publisher. As the journal is fully open access, the authors will sign an exclusive license agreement.
The authors have the right to:
- Share their article in the same ways permitted to third parties under the relevant user license.
- Retain copyright, patent, trademark and other intellectual property rights including research data.
- Proper attribution and credit for the published work.
For the open access article, the publisher is granted to the following right.
- The non-exclusive right to publish the article and grant right to others.
- For the published article, the publisher applied for the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.